I work in my free time to improve the win32service extension to make it great and easier to use. The future version is 1.0.0 only for PHP 8.
I’m excited about this future version.
What is the planned changes?
This extension needs a little cleanup. In many cases, the Windows version is checked. All this check will be removed because VS16 is used to build PHP 8 and this extension works only on Windows 7 SP1 and newer or Windows 2012 R2 or newer.
With PHP 8 a new ValueError exception is available. Many checks will be added to improve the work of this extension. Especially the
And the last, same as many other functions in PHP extensions, all function who returns an error code will be changed to throw an exception. All PHP Errors and some PHP Warning will be changed by throwing an exception.
What is the side effect to change?
You need to change your code when you upgrade your project to PHP 8.
The Win32Service project provides a PHP library and a Symfony Bundle. Both will be upgraded to PHP 8 on a new major version.
My Actual To-do List
All this plan needs more work. This is my to-do list but you can help me.
- Upgrade the extension code.
- Write more tests for the extension.
- Update the English PHP documentation for Win32Service.
- Update the French PHP documentation for Win32Service.
- Update the PHP library win32service/service-library.
- Update the Symfony Bundle win32service/win32servicebundle.
- Update the example project.
You can help me in many ways:
- Write code for the PHP extension, the PHP Libray, or the Symfony bundle and send a pull request.
- Write a test for the PHP extension, the PHP Libray, or the Symfony bundle and send a pull request.
- Update the Win32Service English documentation on the official PHP Documentation repository.
- Download and test the latest build on your project and send feedback (open an issue or contact me).
You are interested in this project, but you cannot help in this way, you can buy a day of work. Please contact me.
Or ping me to encourage me.